The Best Detox Vitamins For Drug & Alcohol Withdrawal
When we hear the term detox, it is common to assume it means cleansing toxins from the body by following some restrictive diet, like juicing. However, let’s look at the true medical definition of the word. Most people are surprised that detox actually means removing harmful substances from the body, such as alcohol and illicit drugs. Part of the detox process also involves taking the best detox vitamins to restore balance to the body.
Why Are Vitamins Important When It Comes to Detox?
Substance use and alcohol use disorders create vitamin deficiencies in the body. These deficiencies can have long-term effects on your overall health and wellbeing. Depending on the substances, vitamin deficiencies can occur in different ways, including:
- Prevents Vitamin Absorption – Certain substances and alcohol make it difficult for the body to absorb essential vitamins, such as B vitamins and vitamin C.
- Encourages Poor Eating Choices – Some substances cause an increase in appetite that often leads to consuming junk foods and sweets rather than the vitamins the body needs.
- Decreases Appetite – Stimulants like meth and cocaine suppress appetite responses. As a result, people using these substances can go for days without eating and not getting any vitamins.
Furthermore, while undergoing detox, the body uses up any reserves of vitamins it has left. As a result, added vitamin support is necessary to replenish these reserves. Therefore, it is essential to restore balance to the body by incorporating the best detox vitamins into a detox treatment plan when you begin to detox.
What Are the Best Detox Vitamins to Help with Withdrawal?
The best detox vitamins to help with withdrawal during detox can vary based on the misused substances. In general, most people can benefit from the following vitamins and nutrients:
- Calcium – Certain substances prevent the body from absorbing calcium. So it is important to use a calcium supplement to restore calcium levels in the body.
- B Vitamins – B vitamins help reduce sugar levels by converting them into energy and increasing energy levels. Increased energy levels can offset several withdrawal symptoms. B vitamins are also needed to repair and replenish blood cells.
- Protein – Amino acids are needed to repair damage to cells in the body and repair the neurotransmitters damaged from substance misuse. Protein is a nutrient that stimulates amino acid production, as well as helps reduce cravings for alcohol and drugs.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C helps offset the feelings of depression and fatigue and helps increase the immune response in the body. In addition, taking a vitamin C supplement can help alleviate several symptoms associated with withdrawal.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – This nutrient is considered a good fat the body needs. It can help repair damage in the brain caused by substance use disorders and alcohol use disorders. Additionally, it can help increase energy levels, reduce inflammation, boost the immune system, and help reduce depressive symptoms.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D is necessary to allow the body to absorb calcium. It also helps with support muscle functions, increases brain cell repair, boosts the immune system, and has other beneficial properties to offset many withdrawal symptoms during detox.
How to Get the Right Vitamins Daily
To ensure you get the best detox vitamins daily, you should start by consulting with the healthcare professional overseeing your supervised detox. They will recommend different methods for getting the ones you need through your meals and with supplements.
For example, when you first start detox, you may not have much of an appetite. During this time, you want to get the vitamins you need by taking a supplement. Once your appetite returns, you will want to make healthy choices that include the different vitamins you need while also taking supplements.
Additionally, it is highly recommended to undergo supervised detox to ensure you have access to the best detox vitamins you need to reduce the undesirable withdrawal symptoms. You also have access to different medication-assisted treatments to further reduce withdrawal symptoms.
Most importantly, you should never do a detox “cleanse,” popular among many people. These cleanses can actually create vitamin deficiencies and serve no real benefit. Instead, stick to eating healthy, well-balanced meals and taking vitamin supplements. Doing so enables your body to remove any toxins naturally.
Finding the Best Detox Center for Your Needs
When you are ready to take the first steps to recovery for your alcohol use disorder or substance use disorder, it is crucial to find the best detox center. In general, you have two different detox options: Detoxing in a rehab facility or detoxing safely from the comfort of your home. As you can imagine, most people prefer to undergo supervised detox at home.
Detox at Home with the Best Detox Vitamins in Beverly Hills, CA
When you want to safely and comfortably start detox at home and have access to the best detox vitamins, you will want to contact MD Home Detox in Beverly Hills, CA. We offer concierge-level detox programs customized to your specific needs while supervising your detox at home. After detox, we can continue to assist with your rehab treatment options thanks to our extensive network of professionals. For further information or to start your at-home detox, please feel free to contact us today.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.