This is a time where there is a lot of concern surrounding the spread of COVID-19 and we know that many clients are choosing to stay home in order to avoid the virus and stop it’s spread. Social distancing is extremely important to us as we understand that it’s going to take a group effort in order to slow down the spread of the virus. Unfortunately, this is also a time when many people are turning to substances as a way to cope, and there are many others who currently need treatment. Despite the current events, there is still a need for quality treatment- MD Home Detox is continuing to provide that in the safety of the client’s home.
We wanted to make sure that you and your patients are aware of the Intervention and In-Home Detox services that we offer, and we’re available to chat if you want to learn more about this unique solution during this time. We’re dedicated to helping people begin- and continue- on the path of recovery through this outbreak. Our staff is taking all of the necessary steps to ensure our team and our clients are properly screened as we continue to provide our services. In order to do this we are doing the following:
- All Nurses & Doctors are screened & tested
- All Patients are screened
- Sanitation & cleanliness is a top priority (as it always has been).
We’ve always felt that our clients deserve to receive treatment in the privacy and safety of their own homes. During this time, we are continuing to provide our key services, which include:
- Private nurse services
- In-home detoxification
- Mental health stabilization
- Family education and counseling
If you have any questions about treatment, the precautions we’re taking, or how we can help your client that may be avoiding treatment at this time, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-592-7931.
Please stay safe and stay healthy.
The MD Home Detox Team
MD Home Detox provides quality drug and alcohol detox services to residents of Calabasas, California. Our professional staff provides detox services and medical supervision in your home throughout your detox program.
Calabasas, California in the San Fernando Valley is the home of about 23,000 residents in the greater Los Angeles area. Even smaller cities like Calabasas are impacted as the addiction and opioid crisis continue to affect the United States. To help fight addiction, MD Home Detox offers alcohol and drug detox in Calabasas from the comfort of your home.
Home drug detox in Calabasas allows you to safely detox from drug or alcohol addiction while residing in your home. Hence home detox is the first step to recovery from addiction and dependency. Prescription medications, illegal drugs, and alcohol cause harm to your body and mind when misused or abused.
Your body needs time to repair the damage caused by substance abuse. Furthermore, you need time to adjust to the lack of harmful chemicals released from your body when you used substances. Detox is the process of getting your body and mind to a pre-addiction state. Moreover, as your body adjusts to this change, you will experience symptoms of withdrawal. Fortunately, home alcohol and drug detox allow you to safely manage withdrawal symptoms resulting from detox.
Fortunately, home drug detox in Calabasas offers additional benefits, such as:
• Detox in the comfort of home: Family and friends can continue to support you throughout detox.
• Increased privacy: At-home detox allows for more privacy compared to inpatient detox facilities.
• Reduced costs: At-home detox services are often less expensive than inpatient detox because you don’t need to pay facility and 24/7 staffing expenses.
• Limited disruptions to everyday life: You can continue fulfilling your family, social, and work obligations with minimal interruptions.
• Begin mental health treatment: Mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, and trauma are common underlying issues driving addiction.
• Reduce the risk of relapse: Our professional staff can hold you accountable for your goals by checking in on your progress throughout the program.
• Transition to aftercare: At-home detox services prepare you for continuing drug and alcohol rehab. MD Home Detox offers additional programming for aftercare treatment.
Home drug detox in Calabasas works by going through the following steps:
• Contact MD Home Detox by phone or via our website contact form.
• Our clinical team will evaluate your needs for treatment to ensure that MD Home Detox is right for you.
• Next, we will work with you to create a treatment plan for your detox.
• Throughout your detox, our nursing staff will visit you and report your process to a physician specializing in addiction.
• Finally, you will work on an aftercare treatment plan to continue your journey in addiction recovery.
Overall, your home drug and alcohol detox should last about one to two weeks. However, your recovery has only begun after detox. Because of this, we recommend that you consider aftercare treatment options to plan for your next steps while you are under our care.
At-home alcohol and drug detox in Calabasas is best for individuals in the early stages of addiction. Most people in early addiction do not require inpatient hospitalization for detox. In addition, at-home detox is better for those with safe and stable home environments conducive to recovery. Conversely, if you are unable to manage relapse triggers or live in a toxic environment, home detox might not be the best option for you.
You qualify for home detox services if the following apply to you:
• Your family and friends are able to hold you accountable for your recovery goals
• Past attempts to quit using or drinking without professional support have been unsuccessful
• You require medications to deal with severe withdrawal symptoms
• Physical health issues could make your detox more difficult to endure
• You have an underlying mental health condition contributing to your addiction
• Withdrawal symptoms appear when you stop using or drinking
At-home detox aims to help you get through detox successfully. Withdrawal symptoms often cause many people to give up on detox to relieve distressing symptoms. Subsequently, detoxing alone leaves you vulnerable to relapse. If you are concerned about managing withdrawal symptoms, professional at-home detox services can help you detox safely and comfortably.
Medical professionals come out to visit you throughout your at-home detox. As you go through detox, your treatment team will support you through physical and mental symptoms of withdrawal.
Our nursing staff will monitor your symptoms and vital health signs to ensure that you are detoxing safely. Furthermore, they will report your symptoms and progress to a doctor who specializes in addiction treatment. In this way, your treatment team can adjust your plan as needed to ensure your success.
Most of your symptoms will peak in intensity within the first three days of quitting substance use. After your symptoms peak, they will gradually dissipate over the course of the next few days. Finally, at-home detox should take about one to two weeks.
The following are common withdrawal symptoms you might have during at-home detox:
• Profuse sweating
• Clammy skin
• Sleep issues
• Irritability and agitation
• Depression and anxiety
• Nausea and vomiting
• Change in appetite
• Fever and chills
• Difficulty thinking clearly
• Body shakes and tremors
In addition, you might experience severe symptoms, such as elevated blood pressure, difficulty breathing, hallucinations, and seizures. Finally, your treatment team will monitor these symptoms and adjust your treatment accordingly.
MD Home Detox provides at-home detox from the following substances:
• Opioids, including fentanyl, heroin, prescription painkillers such as morphine and oxycodone
• Benzodiazepines, such as Xanax, Valium and Ativan
• Barbiturates and other sleep medications
• Stimulant drugs such as methamphetamine, cocaine and prescription drugs like Ritalin and Adderall
In addition, we provide services for multiple substances taken at once, known as “polysubstance abuse.” Polysubstance abuse can cause more severe withdrawal symptoms during detox, requiring professional assistance.
MD Home Detox offers several other services for you or your loved one, including:
• Family therapy to encourage closeness and resolve issues caused within your family as a result of substance abuse.
• Professional interventionalists can provide support for family members and friends trying to get help for a loved one.
• Drug test monitoring and aftercare monitor your progress in recovery and keep you accountable for your sobriety.
• Sober companions help you during the early stages of recovery when things in your life seem the most challenging as you learn to live without drugs and alcohol.
• Mental health stabilization offers hope to those dealing with a mental health crisis in need of stability to begin recovery.
Detox is the first step in your recovery journey. Additionally, MD Home Detox provides home alcohol and drug detox in Calabasas, California, to get your journey started in the best way possible. Contact us today to learn more about our at-home detox program.
MD Home Detox is the first individualized concierge recovery program offered in the United States. Our recovery program offers a fully-integrated team treatment approach that is designed for the home environment.