This is a time where there is a lot of concern surrounding the spread of COVID-19 and we know that many clients are choosing to stay home in order to avoid the virus and stop it’s spread. Social distancing is extremely important to us as we understand that it’s going to take a group effort in order to slow down the spread of the virus. Unfortunately, this is also a time when many people are turning to substances as a way to cope, and there are many others who currently need treatment. Despite the current events, there is still a need for quality treatment- MD Home Detox is continuing to provide that in the safety of the client’s home.
We wanted to make sure that you and your patients are aware of the Intervention and In-Home Detox services that we offer, and we’re available to chat if you want to learn more about this unique solution during this time. We’re dedicated to helping people begin- and continue- on the path of recovery through this outbreak. Our staff is taking all of the necessary steps to ensure our team and our clients are properly screened as we continue to provide our services. In order to do this we are doing the following:
- All Nurses & Doctors are screened & tested
- All Patients are screened
- Sanitation & cleanliness is a top priority (as it always has been).
We’ve always felt that our clients deserve to receive treatment in the privacy and safety of their own homes. During this time, we are continuing to provide our key services, which include:
- Private nurse services
- In-home detoxification
- Mental health stabilization
- Family education and counseling
If you have any questions about treatment, the precautions we’re taking, or how we can help your client that may be avoiding treatment at this time, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-592-7931.
Please stay safe and stay healthy.
The MD Home Detox Team
MD Home Detox helps residents of multiple cities throughout Orange County, California. We will coordinate and customize your in-home services based on your specific needs and requests. You can detox safely within the comfort of your own home with the professional support of MD Home Detox.
Much like the rest of the US, Orange County is dealing with increases in substance abuse and opioid-related overdoses. According to the California Department of Public Health, the number of opioid-related overdose deaths in Orange County doubled from 2018 to 2020.
Fortunately, addiction treatment can combat the current opioid crisis and rise in other types of substance use disorders throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Detox is the first step in treating any substance addiction. Home detox services can reduce these overdose and addiction statistics by offering more options for those in need of recovery.
Understanding your treatment needs in early recovery can be challenging. You might need at-home detox if you have struggled to quit drugs and alcohol in the past with no success. When you try to detox on your own, you are at a higher risk of relapsing due to painful and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. You might need at-home detox if the following apply to you:
• You are unable to cut back or reduce drug and alcohol use
• Quitting drugs and alcohol on your own has not been successful
• You have a co-occurring mental health disorder along with addiction
• You’ve been using drugs or drinking regularly for months or years
• You use substances to deal with everyday stress
• Withdrawal symptoms begin after you stop using or drinking
Since withdrawal symptoms can be incredibly distressing, home detox can help you manage these symptoms without leaving the comfort, privacy, and familiarity of your own home.
While everyone experiences withdrawal differently, the following are some of the most common types of symptoms you should expect during home detox:
• Clammy skin
• Restlessness and irritability
• Fever and chills
Your symptoms and withdrawal management might vary depending on the severity of your addiction, the types of substances you use, the frequency of substance abuse, and your overall health. MD Home Detox will help you manage these symptoms and monitor your safety.
During at-home detox in Orange County, you receive medical care and support for the first stage of your recovery. Detox from drugs and alcohol can be difficult without professional help. In addition, withdrawal symptoms during detox can be uncomfortable, intense, and even dangerous.
A medically-assisted detox at home can put you on the path to a full recovery. Experienced addiction treatment professionals will come to your home to ensure that you are managing withdrawal symptoms safely.
Your doctor will work closely with your treatment team to ensure you receive the best medical and psychological care during detox. The nursing staff will closely monitor your vital signs, medication needs, sleep patterns, and nutritional intake throughout detox. The primary objective of MD Home Detox is to ensure your safety and success during detox.
At-home detox offers additional benefits, such as:
• The comfort of detox in your home: Your family and friends can remain part of your daily life to support you through detox.
• Privacy during detox: You might feel vulnerable and on edge during your detox, and at-home detox can provide the privacy you might desire during the worst phases of withdrawal.
• Lower cost: Compared to inpatient detox services, at-home detox is less expensive because you don’t need to cover facility costs or 24/7 staffing.
• Personal life continues uninterrupted: You can continue social, familial, professional, and academic duties with minimal interruption.
• Transition to aftercare: Due to the physical symptoms of withdrawal, you might not be ready to attend group therapy, individual counseling, or other appointments until you complete detox. Thankfully, MD Home Detox will help you transition to aftercare following detox.
Home detox can vary in length depending upon the substances that you use and the nature of your addiction. If you have been struggling with substance abuse for months or years, you might need more time than others to complete detox. In addition, if you use a mix of different substances, your detox timeline might increase.
Overall, home detox should take one to two weeks for most people. The most intense physical symptoms will occur within a few days after you stop using or drinking. After the acute phase of detox, you can begin long-term recovery and treatment with aftercare services.
At-home detox in Orange County, California can help you or your loved one quit drinking or using. Before entering a drug or alcohol treatment program, it is critical that you safely manage withdrawal symptoms during detox. MD Home Detox provides at-home detox services to maximize your comfort and allow you to receive treatment with minimal disruptions to your daily life. Contact us today to learn more.
MD Home Detox is the first individualized concierge recovery program offered in the United States. Our recovery program offers a fully-integrated team treatment approach that is designed for the home environment.