This is a time where there is a lot of concern surrounding the spread of COVID-19 and we know that many clients are choosing to stay home in order to avoid the virus and stop it’s spread. Social distancing is extremely important to us as we understand that it’s going to take a group effort in order to slow down the spread of the virus. Unfortunately, this is also a time when many people are turning to substances as a way to cope, and there are many others who currently need treatment. Despite the current events, there is still a need for quality treatment- MD Home Detox is continuing to provide that in the safety of the client’s home.
We wanted to make sure that you and your patients are aware of the Intervention and In-Home Detox services that we offer, and we’re available to chat if you want to learn more about this unique solution during this time. We’re dedicated to helping people begin- and continue- on the path of recovery through this outbreak. Our staff is taking all of the necessary steps to ensure our team and our clients are properly screened as we continue to provide our services. In order to do this we are doing the following:
- All Nurses & Doctors are screened & tested
- All Patients are screened
- Sanitation & cleanliness is a top priority (as it always has been).
We’ve always felt that our clients deserve to receive treatment in the privacy and safety of their own homes. During this time, we are continuing to provide our key services, which include:
- Private nurse services
- In-home detoxification
- Mental health stabilization
- Family education and counseling
If you have any questions about treatment, the precautions we’re taking, or how we can help your client that may be avoiding treatment at this time, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-592-7931.
Please stay safe and stay healthy.
The MD Home Detox Team
Detox can be uncomfortable. Granted, this understandably makes it an undesirable process for those with active addiction. Moreover, many individuals are especially deterred by the idea of detoxing in an unfamiliar environment.
Thankfully, MD Home Detox is a pioneer in providing in-home detox care. To further explain, we design our services to help you or a loved one safely withdraw from drug or alcohol dependency in the privacy of your own home. Lastly, fortunately our Newport Beach detox program offers convenience and healing to those living in the area.
Our Newport Beach detox services primarily follow a certain set of guidelines. All in all, this ensures each client receives the best treatment possible. Additionally, and in most cases, our protocol includes the following steps:
• Initial Assessment. First, our at-home detox process begins with you contacting MD Home Detox to speak with one of our admissions counselors. To further explain, during this conversation, for instance, you will have the opportunity to ask questions while we gather some background information. Thus, this step allows both parties to determine the compatibility of the program and the candidate.
• Approval and At-Home Consultation. Next, once accepted into our program, a medical team dispatches to your home to determine the severity of your addiction. Afterward, with this data in mind, our team will form a plan of action so that it fits your individual needs. Overall, and to put it simply, our ultimate goal is to rid you of your dependency on drugs or alcohol.
• Official Detox Treatment. Next, in this stage, MD Home Detox nurses will visit your home on a regular basis. To clarify, the purpose of these visits is to check on your detox progress and to make sure you are following the prescribed treatments. Furthermore, we will do everything in our power to keep your cravings in check and, in turn, your withdrawal symptoms as tolerable as possible.
• Aftercare. Lastly, you will receive a detailed discharge plan on how to maintain your new addiction-free life. Granted, it is important to remember that detox is only the first step in addiction treatment. Therefore, further programming is necessary in order to achieve and maintain sobriety.
MD Home Detox offers a variety of treatment options through our Newport Beach detox program. Secondly, because we want our clients to receive the highest quality of care, we provide the below services:
Medications are essential in reducing cravings and relieving painful withdrawal symptoms. To illustrate, for example, common drugs used in our Newport Beach detox program include:
Unfortunately, interventions do not always go as planned, even when those participating have the best intentions. Nevertheless, this is why MD Home Detox offers intervention services in the Newport Beach area. First off, our intervention specialists create a safe environment. Additionally, family and friends can have an open and constructive dialogue with their addicted loved ones as well.
Sober companions are a great way to give individuals support as well as a sense of comradeship. Moreover, these companions help you stay on the track to recovery as you transition from treatment back to the real world. Lastly, they additionally offer mentorship and a sense of accountability along the way.
Rapid detox is flushing drugs out of your system basically overnight. In short, we do this by using the medication, Naloxone. Thus, this process takes approximately 4 days to complete.
First and foremost, mental health stabilization allows individuals to achieve a non-crisis level. Moreover, this is essential to long-term sobriety because mental instability leads to complications. Therefore, this works in lowering the chance of finding success in recovery.
Our IV therapy helps you replenish levels of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). Consequently, over time, these levels become unstable when you are misusing drugs and during times of high stress and anxiety. Thankfully, NAD therapy delivers nutrients, amino acids, and hydration back into your system, so you can begin restoring your health.
Addiction is a family disease. In addition, because of this, family members should feel supported as they cope with their loved one’s addiction. Also, it is important that they become educated on substance use disorder as well. As a result, they can help their loved ones in a constructive way without enabling them.
We provide at-home drug testing and monitoring to keep our clients accountable. Additionally, we offer an extensive suite of recovery resources and relapse support.
The exact withdrawal symptoms a person experiences depend on the severity of their addiction in addition to other aspects. For example, factors such as the type of drug used, when the drug was last used, and the person’s overall health influence these symptoms. However, common side effects can still be identified.
The most widely experienced withdrawal symptoms include:
• Upset stomach
• Restlessness and insomnia
• Anxiety and depression
• Fever and chills
• Hallucinations and delusions
Above all else, the most important benefit of detox is setting yourself up for a successful recovery. Despite this, however, there are additional benefits of specifically detoxing at home. These include:
• Privacy. When you detox at home, you have the luxury of remaining in a private setting. Therefore, the only other people you will interact with are your care team and family members. Additionally, you will not have to spend time at a facility and will be able to upkeep personal and professional appearances.
• Comfort. It is totally understandable to feel most comfortable at your own home. After all, it is the environment in which you spend most of your time. Fortunately, when you detox at home you are able to continue being surrounded by your personal belongings. Furthermore, you are able to continue sleeping in your own bed.
• Affordable. When you detox at a facility, you pay the cost of a bed, food, and amenities among other things. However, detoxing at home means you only have to pay for services. For example, you have to cover the cost of your care team’s supervision and medication-assisted treatment.
• Specialized Treatment. Thankfully, our Newport Beach detox program provides each client with a personalized treatment plan. Because their detox plan adheres to their specific needs, clients have a higher rate of success.
Naturally, the exact amount of time a person spends in detox varies. For example, withdrawal timelines often depend on the substance a person is using as well as how often they are using, and how much they are using at a time. Overall, most people undergo home detox for 14 days.
First, withdrawal symptoms will begin to surface, typically within 12 to 72 hours following a person’s last use. Then, these symptoms will peak, which usually happens a few days into detox. Eventually, symptoms begin to gradually taper off and an individual is able to seek further treatment.
Stop letting addiction run your life by seeking detox today. At MD Home Detox, we are here day and night, 7 days a week to help you get your life back on track. Thus, our team of medical professionals are ready to guide you safely through detox, so you can overcome your addiction once and for all.
Make today the first day of the rest of your life. Call MD Home Detox in Newport Beach or visit our contact form today.
MD Home Detox is the first individualized concierge recovery program offered in the United States. Our recovery program offers a fully-integrated team treatment approach that is designed for the home environment.