This is a time where there is a lot of concern surrounding the spread of COVID-19 and we know that many clients are choosing to stay home in order to avoid the virus and stop it’s spread. Social distancing is extremely important to us as we understand that it’s going to take a group effort in order to slow down the spread of the virus. Unfortunately, this is also a time when many people are turning to substances as a way to cope, and there are many others who currently need treatment. Despite the current events, there is still a need for quality treatment- MD Home Detox is continuing to provide that in the safety of the client’s home.
We wanted to make sure that you and your patients are aware of the Intervention and In-Home Detox services that we offer, and we’re available to chat if you want to learn more about this unique solution during this time. We’re dedicated to helping people begin- and continue- on the path of recovery through this outbreak. Our staff is taking all of the necessary steps to ensure our team and our clients are properly screened as we continue to provide our services. In order to do this we are doing the following:
- All Nurses & Doctors are screened & tested
- All Patients are screened
- Sanitation & cleanliness is a top priority (as it always has been).
We’ve always felt that our clients deserve to receive treatment in the privacy and safety of their own homes. During this time, we are continuing to provide our key services, which include:
- Private nurse services
- In-home detoxification
- Mental health stabilization
- Family education and counseling
If you have any questions about treatment, the precautions we’re taking, or how we can help your client that may be avoiding treatment at this time, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-592-7931.
Please stay safe and stay healthy.
The MD Home Detox Team
MD Home Detox provides quality detox in San Fransisco based on your requests and needs. Additionally, our professional staff can come to you and provide detox services from the comfort of your own home.
Detox is the first step in recovery from drug or alcohol addiction. Unfortunately, withdrawal symptoms during detox can be overwhelming. To add, many people struggling with addiction, relapse when they attempt to quit on their own.
To help prevent relapse, MD Home Detox offers professional at-home detox in San Francisco, California. We help to provide you or your loved one with the medical and psychological support they need.
A home detox allows you to begin your recovery from addiction in the comfort of your own home. As an added benefit, during home detox in San Francisco, the staff at MD Home Detox will come to your home to monitor your withdrawal symptoms. In turn, this will support your detox journey, and provide mental health support, and medications if needed.
You can develop an addiction or physical dependency on drugs, alcohol, or prescription medications after long-term use for instance. To further explain, physical dependency means your body and mind cannot function without substances in your system. Thus, many substances, whether legal or illegal, carry a risk of physical dependency.
Unfortunately, during home detox, your body and mind adjust to no longer having substances. As a result, you might experience withdrawal symptoms during detox until you regain normal functioning without drugs or alcohol.
According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), San Francisco county “experienced 443 opioid-related overdose deaths in 2020.” Thus, this “represents a 203% increase from 2018.” Hence, many of these increases in opioid-related deaths might be attributed to stressors. Specifically, unemployment and homelessness, created by the COVID-19 pandemic, as current data from 2021 is now showing a decrease in these numbers.
The California Health Care Foundation (CHFC) shares the following data from their 2018 Edition of “Substance Use in California: A Look at Addiction and Treatment”:
• Data from 2015 to 2016 showed that about 8% of California residents (2.7 million people) had a substance use disorder in the past year
• In addition, from 2015 to 2016, over half of all adults in California reported using alcohol in the past month
• Interestingly, rates of substance use disorders among young adults (age 18 to 25) were about twice the average across all age groups
• From 2012 to 2014, alcohol contributed to more nonfatal emergency department visits than all other drug use combined
Treating these substance abuse issues requires a wide array of options to increase retention rates for rehab. Fortunately, though, with at-home detox in San Francisco, you can begin drug and alcohol treatment with few disruptions to their everyday lives.
Thankfully for patients, home detox in San Francisco offers the following benefits for you or your loved one:
• Detox within your home environment with support from family and friends
• Reduced costs for detox services compared to inpatient detox
• Fulfill everyday work, family, and social obligations with minimal disruptions
• Access to other services offered by MD Home Detox
• Begin treatment for underlying mental health issues
• Lowers the risk of relapse compared to quitting alone without professional support
• Medical staff monitor withdrawal symptoms to help you detox safely
During an at-home detox in San Francisco, the medical staff at MD Home Detox will come right to your home to monitor your withdrawal symptoms and progress. As a note, your detox experience can differ based on your needs and preferences for treatment.
The steps involved during at-home detox include the following:
• Initial Evaluation: The team at MD Home Detox will gather information about your health, addiction, and underlying causes of substance abuse. Moreover, the evaluation will inform your treatment needs, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and the expected length of detox.
• Examination: First, a physical examination is critical to the detox process. Your overall state of health can impact the severity of withdrawal symptoms you will experience.
• At-Home Detox Begins: Then, our medical staff will visit you to monitor your progress and check in on you throughout detox.
After detox, you can begin long-term drug and alcohol rehab to learn the skills needed to quit your addiction for good. Therefore, while detox should take about 1 to 2 weeks, you can benefit from continued services to make a full recovery from addiction.
Home detox is designed to help you during the early stages of addiction. Many people struggle to cut back or quit substance abuse despite the negative consequences in their lives. You could be at risk of relapse due to uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms if you attempt to quit on your own.
You qualify for home detox in San Francisco if the following apply to you:
• Attempts to quit or cut back on substances in the past have not been successful
• Cannot stop using or drinking despite negative health, social, or legal consequences
• Underlying physical or mental health conditions might worsen during detox and become exacerbated by withdrawal symptoms
• Your natural support system and home environment are conducive to recovery
• Require detox from a prescription medication due to physical dependence
• Unpleasant withdrawal symptoms prevent you from quitting drinking or using
Withdrawal symptoms are the best way of knowing if you need home detox services. Your symptoms can vary from mild to severe, and even life-threatening when you attempt to detox on your own. Despite this, however, home detox helps you safely manage withdrawal symptoms to improve outcomes and reduce the risk of relapse.
Withdrawal symptoms during home detox can be different for everyone. Consequently, factors influencing these variations include the type of substance used, frequency, and duration of use. In addition, more include underlying health conditions and addiction to multiple substances.
In fact, you might experience some of the following withdrawal symptoms during home detox:
• Nausea and vomiting
• Muscles aches
• Elevated blood pressure
• Shakiness and tremors
• Fever and chills
• Sleep disturbances
• Changes in appetite
• Excessive sweating
• Anxiety and depression
• Intense cravings
Severe withdrawal symptoms include:
• Severe mental confusion
Fortunately, medical staff can monitor your symptoms and help you if you have severe symptoms as well. Typically, most people will experience mild to moderate discomfort during detox, especially if they are only in the early stages of addiction.
You need to detox from any substance which caused addiction or physical dependency. Furthermore, these substances can include legal drugs, like alcohol or prescription medications.
Nevertheless, MD Home Detox helps with the following substances:
• Prescription opioids (morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone)
• Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, Ativan)
• Barbiturates and sleep aids
• Prescription stimulants (Adderall, Ritalin)
In addition to our home detox services, we provide additional services including:
• Family therapy to improve relationships and communication among family members.
• Professional interventionalists help family and friends discuss their concerns about addiction to a loved one.
• Drug test monitoring and aftercare make sure you are accountable for your sobriety. This service can be very helpful for those with legal issues resulting from substance abuse.
• Sober companions provide mentoring and social support during the early stages of sobriety.
• Mental health stabilization helps those dealing with severe symptoms of an underlying mental illness manage a crisis and return to healthy living.
At-home detox in San Francisco can help you or your loved one overcome addiction and dependency on substances. All in all, MD Home Detox provides at-home detox for residents of the San Francisco bay area so you can begin your recovery from addiction within the comfort of your own home. Contact us today to ensure a long-lasting recovery.
MD Home Detox is the first individualized concierge recovery program offered in the United States. Our recovery program offers a fully-integrated team treatment approach that is designed for the home environment.